Chennai girl student murder at railway station: TN DGP Sylendra Babu passes a big order!

A day after the chilling murder in Chennai where a 20-year-old girl student was killed after being pushed in front of a suburban train, Tamil Nadu Director-General of Police (DGP) Sylendra Babu has passed a big order of transferring the case to the Crime Branch for further investigation. His order has come when the accused Sathish was taken into a 14-day judicial custody. 

In his order, Sylendra Babu has transferred the case to the Crime Branch- Crime Investigative Department (CBCID) even as the voices grow across the state to award a stringent punishment to the assailant. A case has been registered in this regard under section 302 - murder of IPC and our sources say that the case has been transferred to the Crime Branch with the view of gripping up the probe and to confer a highest punishment to the accused. 

Being a heinous crime, the case has been transferred to the CBCID to collect more evidence and to handle the technical aspects connected with the investigation. The grim incident has happened under a broad daylight on Thursday - October 13 where 20-year-old Sathya Priya was killed after being pushed by Sathish in front of a train at St Thomas Mount railway station. 

Sathish fled the spot only to get caught by the police in Thoraippakkam hours later of the incident. On Friday, Sathish was produced before a Metropolitan Magistrate Court and sent to a 14-day judicial custody till October 28. The victim, 20-year-old Sathya Priya was a sophomore at a private college in T Nagar and she was waiting for a train with her friends at St Thomas Mount.

According to the police, Sathish was known to Sathya Priya as they reside in the same area, in Adambakkam near Guindy. Sathish was in a love affair with Sathya Priya while the latter said to have opposed it. Recently, Sathya Priya's parents made arrangements for her marriage in the midst of stalking episodes from Sathish. 

Sathya Priya had filed police complaints against Sathish for stalking her but no actions were taken. During the investigation, Sathish has confessed that Sathya Priya was not talking to him for two months and he decided to kill her and commit suicide. He said he arrived at the station and pushed Sathya Priya in front of the train and when he decided to kill himself, people at the station started screaming after which he fled the spot.