'Game has just begun' - Arnab Goswami vows and issues fresh challenge to Thackeray!

A week after getting locked up under judicial custody, Republic TV Founder and Editor-in-Chief Arnab Goswami had on Wednesday breathed fresh air with the relief from the Supreme Court as the apex judicial body had given him bail in the case of abetment of suicide, which was booked against him by the Raigad police. 

He walked out from Taloja jail near Mumbai around 8.30 pm on Wednesday and staunchly attacked Maharashtra Chief Minister Uddhav Thackeray for arresting him in a fake case. When Arnab came out of prison, he was surrounded by the media largely from his Republic TV and he vowed that the game has just begun. 

Speaking to the media, Goswami said, "Uddhav Thackeray, listen to me. You lost and you have been defeated. You arrested me in an old, fake case, and did not even apologize to me". He went on to hit out Mumbai Police Commissioner Param Bir Singh for his illegal arrest on November 4 in a 2018 suicide abetment case. Arnab said that he had faced three rounds of police interrogation while in prison since November 8. 

Arnab said that the game has just begun and announced that he will launch Republic TV in every language and will also start internationally. Issuing a challenge to the Maharashtra Chief Minister, Arnab said that he would launch the channels even from inside the jail and Thackeray won't be able to do anything. He thanked the Supreme Court for awarding him the interim bail and drove to the Republic TV studio. 

The Apex court on Wednesday granted him bail after observing that it will be a travesty of justice if personal liberty is not guaranteed. On November 4, the Raigad district police arrested Arnab Goswami with the help of Mumbai police from his residence in Mumbai. In what had become a national development, Arnab was arrested in connection to the suicide of Anvay Naik, who committed suicide in 2018. Along with Naik, his mother had also committed suicide. 

Following the arrest, Arnab was taken to Alibaug and he was produced a court and the Alibaug police had sought the directive from the court for 14-day judicial custody following which Arnab was sent to 14-day custody on November 4 and the FIR has been registered against Arnab under sections 306 - abetment of suicide and 34 - acts done by persons in furtherance of common intention.  

Following the first FIR, the police had filed a fresh FIR against Arnab for allegedly manhandling a woman police officer, who was one among the police officers stormed to his residence. Along with Arnab, the FIR has also been filed against his wife Samyabrata Ray and their son under section 353 of IPC for obstructing police officers. He had moved his bail petition to the Supreme Court, which had now granted him an interim relief, which has come a week after he was sent into the judicial custody.