Tamil Nadu Chief Minister MK Stalin has poured major relaxations for the state after the Covid cases began to plunge. The relaxations were announced on Saturday - February 12 after a high-level meeting headed by the Chief Minister with the health authorities. The fresh relaxations have probably resumed every service after the months-long shut down owing to the third wave of the Covid pandemic.
In what has become a crucial resumption, the Tamil Nadu government has allowed the fullest resumption of the theatres. Earlier, the theatres are allowed to operate with 50% occupancy and now they can operate completely and this resumption has come as an energizer for the theatres as several big movies are in pipeline to hit the big screens. The fresh relaxations will come into effect on February 16, 2022.
The complete resumption of theatres had particularly become a big relief for the ardent fans of Ajith as they await to celebrate their favourite star on the big screen through the movie 'Valimai' which will hit the big screens on February 24. In the coming weeks, several movies, including RRR, KGF 2, are in line to entertain the fans and audiences and the complete resumption will also give them a hassle-free reach to one of the biggest Indian cinema markets.
The following are the other relaxations that will come into effect on February 16,
- Kindergarten and playschools can start functioning physically.
- Exhibitions can be held by adhering to the Standard Operating Procedures.
- 200 people can attend a wedding and 100 can attend funerals.
- Along with the theatres, gyms, showrooms, restaurants, and malls can function with 100% occupancy.
- The government has strictly informed all the shops and malls to have sanitisers and thermal screenings at all the entrances.
- These relaxations will be in place till March 2.
- The government has completely banned social and cultural events across the state.
According to the state health department, Tamil Nadu has reported 3,086 fresh Covid cases, 14,051 discharges, and 25 deaths on Friday - February 11. Overall, the state has recorded 34,31,154 Covid cases so far as of Friday of which 56,002 are active, 33,37,265 have been discharged, and 37,887 had succumbed to the viral infection.