Shocking in Delhi: A 28-year-old man brutally kills his partner and chops her body into 35 pieces!

In a startling piece of news, a 28-year-old man was arrested in Delhi in the case of murdering his live-in partner and severing her body into 35 pieces, which were later dumped by him across the national capital. The brutal incident has become the talk of the nation and it is bracing up for some shocking facts from the case as the investigation gets underway. 

28-year-old Aftab Ameen Poonawala strangled his live-in partner Shraddha Walkar on May 18 this year. The duo was from Mumbai and later moved to Delhi where they were living together. In the middle of May, they had an argument over marriage after which Aftab began attacking her.

He allegedly strangled her to death. After murdering her, he chopped her body into 35 pieces and kept them in a newly bought 300-liter refrigerator. Over the next 18 days, Aftab disposed of the pieces in different areas of the Mehrauli forest. It has come to a revelation that Aftab would come out of his home at 2 am every day to dump the body parts and he kept it as a routine until he disposed of every part.

The murder happened on May 18 and the shocking events of the case began unfolding after Shraddha's father reached the police. 26-year-old Shraddha worked at a call center in Mumbai and she met Aftab at her workplace. Soon, the two started dating and moved into a new house together. When their affair went to the attention of Shraddha's family members, they opposed her relationship.

However, Aftab and Shraddha left Mumbai and arrived in Delhi by the end of April after facing opposition from the families. The couple was living in a flat in Mehrauli and in September, Shraddha's friend informed her brother that her mobile phone remained switched off for some months. Alarmed by this, Shraddha's family checked her social media pages and was shocked to find that she was not active for the past few months. 

Later, Shraddha's father Vikash Madan Walkar approached Mumbai Police and lodged a missing person complaint. During the initial investigation, the police came to know that Shraddha's last location was found in Delhi, and based on that, the case was transferred to the Delhi Police. Being suspicious about Aftab's connection to her daughter's missing, Vikash told the police about Shraddha's relationship with Aftab. 

On November 8, Vikash came to Delhi to visit his daughter's flat, only to see that it was locked. He then approached the Mehrauli Police and filed a complaint, in which Vikash alleged that Shraddha had earlier divulged to him that Aftab was beating her. Based on the complaint, the Delhi police arrested Aftab Amin Poonawala last Saturday- November 12 after which he confessed to the brutal crime. 

During the investigation, Aftab admitted that the two fought frequently as Shraddha wanted to marry him. He further admitted how he killed her and disposed of the body. Based on the complaint, the police filed a case against Aftab and arrested him. He was later remanded into judicial custody for five days. Police further said that some remains were recovered from the forest and it is yet to know whether they are human remains. 

Ankit Chauhan, Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police, Delhi, said, "The duo fell in love while working in Mumbai and came to Delhi by April-end or May first week after facing opposition from their families. While they were living in the national capital, they had an argument in mid-May over marriage, which escalated, and he strangled her. The accused had preserved the woman's body in a fridge and disposed of them on different occasions." 

Reacting to the chilling crime, Swati Maliwal, the Chief of the Delhi Commission for Women, took to Twitter and wrote, "In a heart-wrenching case, a girl was killed by her boyfriend in Delhi and kept in the fridge in 35 pieces. The pieces of her dead body were thrown in different areas of the city. What kind of monsters is living in society? The police have arrested the accused, he should be punished severely."