In a shocking incident, a man in the Maharashtrian capital of Mumbai had mixed rat poison in the ice cream and fed it to his three children after a fight with his wife. The dreadful incident had resulted in the death of one child while the rest two are hospitalized and battling for survival. The police had registered the case and launched a probe into the incident.
According to reports, Ali Naushad Ansari and his wife Nazia Begum, who were living at Sathe Nagar in Mankhurd, would usually indulge in quarrels and last week, after yet another fight with Ansari, Begum had left the home to went to stay with her sister. After Begum left, Ansari took the three children, two boys and a girl, to the shop with the promise of buying ice cream.
However, Ansari had allegedly mixed the rat poison in the ice cream and served them. After some time, the children had started complaining of stomach pain and when Begum returned home, she found the children suffering from stomach pain following which she had taken them to Sion Hospital. The incident that the father had poisoned them had come to light on Tuesday when their six-year-old boy died in the hospital.
The doctors in the hospital had informed the Mankhurd Police and the officials had rushed to the hospital and began questioning Begum. According to reports, Begum had initially lied to doctors that the children had eaten rat poison accidentally. But, after her son died, she decided to confess the truth to the police and divulged that the children had eaten ice creams that were mixed with the rat poison.
The reports say that the police had filed a case against Ansari under sections of murder and attempt to murder. However, after knowing that a case has been registered against him, Ansari has been absconding. The police had recorded the statements from the two surviving kids, who are recovering in the hospital.