In T20, Virat Kohli speaks as a batsman than as a captain: Here's his latest glorifying feat!

Recently, Indian cricketer Virat Kohli has ended his reign in T20 cricket with the successive announcements of giving away his captaincy from the Indian T20 team and from Royal Challengers Banglore. Kohli had become the captain of India in all formats in January 2017 and the Men in Blue had played 45 T20s under his captaincy. While he earned a benchmark of becoming one of the best captains for Team India in ODIs and Test, his captaincy had attained setbacks when it comes to T20. 

Kohli owned the tag of being the third captain to lead India in 200 international matches while Mohammed Azharuddin and MS Dhoni being the first and second respectively. Kohli had led the team in several ICC tournaments including ICC World Cup and Champions Trophy. In 45 T20 matches that India had played under Kohli, India had won 27 and lost 14 matches. With 1421 T20 runs, Kohli has ranked fourth among captains with the most runs in the T20s. He has been the second most successful T20 captain of India with 27 wins while MS Dhoni is first, with 42 wins as Indian captain. 

Kohli also holds the record for scoring the fastest 1000 runs in T20 as captain. He reached the glorious feat in 30 innings and he is also the only Indian skipper to win the T20 bilateral series in all SENA (South Africa, England, New Zealand, and Australia) nations. India had won 5-0 in New Zealand in 2020, 2-1 in Australia in 2020, 2-1 in England in 2018, and 2-1 in South Africa in 2018. However, his captaincy in T20 cricket has always been a rumble and that he also faced flak from the fans that he couldn't able to deliver an international trophy to India in T20 and the same tone resonated in his captaincy of Royal Challengers Bangalore. 

These factors had tested his reign in T20 and after extensive deliberation, Kohli had announced that he is going to step down as the T20 captain for Indian cricket after the end of the upcoming T20 world cup. Subsequently, he also had announced that he will quit his captaincy from RCB after the current IPL season. In his statement, he said, "I have been fortunate enough to not only represent India but also lead the Indian Cricket Team to my utmost capability. I thank everyone who has supported me in my journey as the Captain of the Indian Cricket Team. I couldn't have done it without them - the boys, the support staff, the selection committee, my coaches, and each and every Indian who prayed for us to win." 

He penned, "Understanding workload is a very important thing and considering my immense workload over the last 8-9 years playing all 3 formats and captaining regularly for last 5-6 years, I feel I need to give myself space to be fully ready to lead the Indian Team in Test and ODI Cricket. I have given everything to the Team during my time as T20 Captain and I will continue to do so for the T20 Team as a batsman moving forward." As he said, he has begun speaking more as a batsman than as a captain in T20 with the glorious feat that he achieved now. 

Yes, Virat Kohli has become the first Indian batsman to cross 10,000 runs in T20 cricket. He achieved this feat during playing for Royal Challengers Bangalore against the Mumbai Indians in Dubai on Sunday. According to Reuters, 32-year-old Kohli is the second cricketer after Chris Gayle to reach the milestone in both T20 and One-Day International Cricket.

The RCB captain has got to the mark after pulling Jasprit Bumrah for six in his knock of 51 from 42 balls and he had joined Gayle, Keiron Pollard, Shoaib Malik, and David Warner to have scored 10,000 runs in the shortest format. The cricket observers say that the feat has become an excellent milestone for Virat Kohli who is going to relinquish his T20 captaincy and concentrate on shaping him as an impressive batsman in the T20 format.

Comments