Thalaivar 171 Update: Superstar spill the beans about his next with Lokesh Kanagaraj!

(This article is authored by Alar)

Superstar Rajinikanth is busy wrapping up the shooting of his upcoming film Vettaiyan, directed by TJ Gnanavel. The actor revealed that the film is 80 percent complete and only 20 percent of the shoot remains. He also shared his excitement about working with a talented cast and crew, including Amitabh Bachchan, Fahadh Faasil, Rana Daggubati, Ritika Singh, Manju Warrier and Dushara Vijayan.

The music for the film is composed by Anirudh Ravichander and the film is produced by Lyca Productions. But what’s more interesting is that Rajinikanth has already planned his next project after Vettaiyan, which will be with director Lokesh Kanagaraj for Thalaivar 171, which is yet to be officially titled.

In the press meet at Chennai, Rajinikanth announced that he has completed 80 per cent of the shooting for his upcoming film Vettaiyan, directed by TJ Gnanavel. He said that he will finish the remaining 20 percent soon.  He also revealed that he will start working on his next project Thalaivar 171, directed by Lokesh Kanagaraj, after wrapping up Vettaiyan.

The film is expected to go on floors by April 2024 and will be an action drama with a twist. However, some reports suggest that Rajinikanth was not fully satisfied with the script of Thalaivar 171 and asked Lokesh Kanagaraj to make some changes to the story.

Rajinikanth also reportedly requested the director to tone down the violence and focus more on the emotional aspects of the film. Lokesh Kanagaraj, who is known for his gritty and realistic films like Kaithi and Master, has assured in earlier interviews, that Thalaivar 171 will be a film without drugs and will not be a part of his LCU films. However, it is not yet known, and fans are eagerly awaiting for the film's official announcement further.