Viral story: What caused playback singer KK's death? Initial report of autopsy reveals!

As the nation has been mourning the loss of popular playback singer Krishnakumar Kunath, fondly known as KK, who died in Kolkata on Tuesday at the age of 53, the initial report of his autopsy has revealed the cause of his death and ruled out the grounds of any foul play. As per the report, KK has died due to a cardiac arrest that he suffered shortly after completing a concert. 

The report has also said that KK had prolonged cardiac issues. According to PTI, a senior police officer has on Wednesday said, "The initial report suggested that the singer died because of myocardial infarction (heart attack). There was no foul play behind his death. Clinical examination also found that the singer was having prolonged cardiac issues." 

The police officer has further said that the final report will be available 72 hours since the autopsy was performed. In the night hours of Tuesday, KK had complained of health complaints after the concert and he was taken to his hotel for first aid. However, he had gone unconscious in the hotel following which he was rushed to CMRI Hospital, where he was declared brought dead. 

Following his death, the police had registered a case of unnatural death and started an investigation. The case had warranted an autopsy and as part of the probe, the police officials have spoken to the hotel authorities and inspected the CCTV footage. The police officer told PTI, "We have spoken to the manager and other staffers of the hotel where KK had stayed, and also talked to members of his team who had performed with him on Tuesday night." 

As per the footage, KK had entered the hotel around 9.10 pm and was rushed to the hospital at 9.40 pm. The officer further said the officials are concentrating on what had transpired during this period inside the hotel and they had recovered a blood-stained towel from KK's room, among other evidence materials. As per the statement from KK's manager, the singer was feeling uneasy when he returned to the hotel room from the concert venue.

"The manager said that the singer fell down while trying to pull a chair inside the hotel room and hurt himself on the forehead. He then used the towel to wipe off the blood from his forehead", the police officer added. As the autopsy had denied any foul plays, the police await the final autopsy report. On Wednesday, the West Bengal government had awarded full state respect to the deceased singer as his body was transported to Mumbai for final rites.