Who gave a threatening call to actor Vijay? Police reveal and arrest a 27-year-old man!

The Chennai police have on Monday arrested a 27-year-old man for issuing a threat call for actor Vijay. It has been identified that the arrested man is habitual of making such threat calls for the political leaders and celebrities. The police had arrested the man based on the complaint moved by Vijay's manager. 

According to reports, a hoax call was, in the wee hours of Monday, made to the master control room in the state police headquarters in which the caller has said that a bomb has been placed at the residence of actor Vijay in Neelankarai, Chennai. After receiving the call, a bomb detective and disposal squad and a sniffer dog team were sent to the spot in Neelankarai. 

The authorities had sifted Vijay's residence and eventually, they found out that the call was a hoax and no explosive has been placed in the actor's residence. After receiving the threat, Vijay's manager has moved a complaint based on which the police had registered a case against the caller. The police team had traced the mobile phone from which the call was received and the officials have revealed that 27-year-old Bhuvaneshwaran had issued the call. 

He is the native of Marakkanam in the Villupuram district and after tracing him, the police had arrested him. It has been reported that the accused had a history of making such hoax calls in the past. He had issued bomb threat calls to the residences of MK Stalin, Edappadi Palaniswami, and actors Rajinikanth and Kamal Haasan.  He was said to a mentally disabled person and that he would make a call to the control room and disconnect the call by making a bomb threat. 

Vijay has a history of receiving such threats in this saga and the same person has in July 2020 issued a bomb call to the actor's residence in Saligramam, Chennai. The police control room had received the call at around 12.20 am and the Virugambakkam police were immediately alerted. During that time, two patrol teams rushed to the two houses along with the bomb detection and disposal squad and searched the residences. Eventually, the police had identified it to be a hoax call.